EtherCAT ® Drive Module, Unique, Compact, Cost Effective
- Universal dual/quad motor Drive Modules for EtherCAT networks
- 12Vdc to 80Vdc, up to 20A continuous and 40A peak current
- Outstanding servo performance
- 20kHz sampling rate
- Advanced algorithms including ServoBoost™ (optional)
- Gantry MIMO Control
- Dual feedback
- Digital control for easy setup and diagnostics
- Supporting any of the following type of motors by software settings only:
- 2, 3 phase AC Servo / DC brushless with sinusoidal commutation, DC Brush, voice coils, Closed and open loop step motors
- 4 digital incremental encoders
- 4 absolute encoders (optional)
- Digital I/O (all can be used as general purpose I/O)
- Inputs: 4 Registration MARK (High Speed Position Capture)
- Outputs: 1 PEG (Position Event Generator), 4 motor brake (24V, 0.5A)
- Safe Torque Off (optional)
- Four axis units can be ordered also with mix current levels:
- 2 x 5A & 2 x 10A
- 2 x 5A & 2 x 20A
- 2 x 10A & 2 x 20A
- Compact footprint: 152 x 138 x 48 mm3
The UDMmc is a line of compact EtherCAT modules of two and four universal drives with rating of 12 to 80Vdc and 2.5A (5A peak) to 20A (40A peak) per drive. Each drive is programmable to control a 3 & 2 phase servo motor, a DC brush motor, a voice coil motor and a 2 & 3 phase step motor.
The UDMmc addresses the needs of demanding multi-axis motion applications with limited space, such as waferhandling robots, wire bonders, die bonders, electronics packaging, small manipulators, and table-top motion stages. With the optional powerful ServoBoost™ algorithm (ordered with the controller), demanding positioning systems can achieve ultimate performance levels, such as speeds of meters per seconds and Nanometers of jitter, minimal settling time, and uncompromising system robustness with minimal sensitivity to disturbances and changes. Optional Safe Torque Off (STO) cuts the power to the motor without removal of the power source for applications that are required to comply with SIL-3 and PLe safety levels. The UDMmc is a slave that runs under any ACS’ EtherCAT masters. The 4-axis UDMmc can be ordered with mixed current specifications. See Ordering Options.
A comprehensive set of software support tools are provided for configuration, setup, tuning and diagnostics.
ACS Motion Control Ltd.