ANTAIOS EtherCAT Evaluation Kit (PAAE1100-EC)
ANTAIOS simplifies industrial networking
The new ANTAIOS multi-fieldbus controller from profichip enables higher integration in a smaller package to fulfill the requirements of the industrial automation market.
The latest development by profichip combines a powerful ARM Cortex-A5 processor for advanced user applications with an effective and very flexible communication technology for today’s industrial applications demanding sophisticated real-time capabilities. It is designed for remote-IOs, gateways, sensors, actors and communication master modules.
Additionally a unique feature of this System-On-Chip (SoC) is the high-speed backplane communication master for profichip’s SliceBus® Technology. It provides fast and reliable communication for up to 64 of profichip’s SNAP+ slave controllers.
Legacy fieldbus support is integrated by special hardware modules and can be active in parallel to the sophisticated, programmable Real-Time Ethernet Switching Unit. A third (Gigabit-)Ethernet port rounds up the rich set of communication capabilities making the ANTAIOS the ideal choice for any kind of communication challenge.
- ARM® Cortex®-A5 (288MHz, 32kB+32kB cache, 64Bit FPU)
- 2 Port Real-Time Ethernet Switching Unit (EtherCAT, etc.)
- 2 integrated Ethernet Phys (copper + fiber)
- 1 GBit Ethernet MAC
- Backplane communication: SliceBus master for profichip’s SNAP+ ASIC
- Also non ethernet based fieldbus protocols are supported
- DDR2 external memory interface
- QuadSPI interface (e.g. NOR Flash for firmware)
- Other external interfaces: SD/MMC, NAND, USB2 device, SRAM master/slave, SPI master/slave
- 15x15mm² and 19x19mm² package