ELAP MEM-Bus Multiturn Encoder with EtherCAT® Interface
ELAP absolute encoders MEM-Bus with EtherCAT® interface are designed for industrial applications where real-time speed, accuracy and repeatibility are required.
The encoder interface supports CANopen over EtherCAT according to CiA 301 and the encoder profile CiA 406, which allows MEM-Bus to be integrated into virtually any system using the EhterCAT interface.
The encoder supports cycle time values down to 1 ms and a transmission rate of 100 Mbit/s.
Counting direction, preset value, speed resolution are some of the parameters which can be programmed via the EtherCAT bus. Four signalling LEDs keep the user informed about the system state. Three different operating modes are supported: Free Run, SM3 Event and Sync DC.
MEM-Bus encoders are supplied in multiturn version with 29 bit resolution (8192 steps/revolution x 65536 revolutions). A variety of mechanical shapes - square flanged, round flanged, and hollow shaft variants - are available to satisfy all application requirements:. The electrical connection is granted by 3 M12 connectors.
The stout aluminium case ensures a high protection degree, making MEM-Bus encoders suitable for applications in severe industrial environments.
The innovative electronic construction technology - involving no mechanical gear – allows to reach high acceleration and speed values and grants the transducer long life.
Key technical notes:
- Device Profile CANOpen over EtherCAT® (CoE), CiA DS-406
- Physical Layer: EtherCAT 100Base-TX, Fast Ethernet, ISO/IEC 8802-3
- Output code: Binary
- Cycle time ≥ 1 ms • Transmission rate 100 Mbit/s
- Transmission: CAT-5 cable, shielded (STP), ISO/IEC 11801
- Ref IEC61158-1-6 & IEC61784-2
- Resolution 29 bit (8192 steps/revolution x 65536 revolutions)
- Aluminium case – stailess steel shaft
- Protection degree IP67 – IP65 on the shaft side
- Operating temperature -30° +70° C