UNIGATE CM - EtherCAT
The UNIGATE CM Gateways connect CANopen participants to EtherCAT systems. The series is based on the established protocol converter UNIGATE CL, which was extended with the CANopen functionality. CANopen-, RS232, RS485 and RS422 interfaces are on board as a standard feature.
The communication between the application side and the bus takes place either through the configuration with the software WINGATE and a selection of the commercially available protocol, such as Modbus ASCII, Modbus RTU (Master or slave), 3964 (R), RK512, DIN measuring bus, DIN 19244, or the device is controlled by a script.
This script is created with the free PC tool, ‘Protocol Developer’. You decide whether you want to program the script yourself or hire Deutschmann Automation to do so.
A special feature of the UNIGATE CM series is brand labeling. With the customized design Deutschmann Automation not only gives you the opportunity to pre-configure the device and choose different housing colors, you can also apply your own logo.
With the UNIGATE CM modules from Deutschmann you bring existing components into modern networks. As a device manufacturer you save the self-development of the respective fieldbus or Ethernet based interfaces. The consistency of the Deutschmann UNIGATE CM series allows once generated configurations and scripts to be used for other fieldbus and Ethernet based versions.
Quickinfo UNIGATE CM - EtherCAT
- 100 Mbit/s full-duplex transmission
- Isolated EtherCAT interface with 2x RJ45 connector
- Supports CANopen communication objects, PDO and SDO
- Generic EDS file
- When using the RS485 interface, multiple terminal devices can be used on a protocol converter (e.g. Modbus RTU).
- Configurable for standard applications (Modbus ASCII, Modbus RTU Master or Slave, RK512, 3964, 3964R, DIN 19244) or programmable via Deutschmann script language
- Generation of the script via the free protocol developer
- No change in the firmware of your terminal unit necessary
- Brand labeling
Deutschmann Automation GmbH & Co. KG